Studies: Institute of Plastic Arts, Krakow in the studios of professors Franciszek Kalfas and Karol Homolacs, 1936-1938, then at the Municipal School of Decorative Arts and Painting in Warsaw, in Prof Tadeusz Breyer’s studio, 1938-1939. After the war he continued education at the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, in the studio of Prof Tadeusz Breyer, and later Prof Franciszek Strynkiewicz, 1947-1950. Diploma 1950. Since his graduation connected with didactic work at his alma mater. In 1969 he was made associate professor and in 1980 - full professor. One of the most outstanding pedagogues of the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw. Author of monuments, among others: The Little Insurrectionist in Warsaw, monument of John Paul II and Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski in Lublin, as well as designer of circulating coins, book-plates, graphics. Laureate of awards, inter alia: The Saint Brother Albert Award (1983), the Alfred Jurzykowski Award, New York (1989). Author of sculptures and medals.
Date of birth 1919
Date of death 2005