Studies: Academy of Fine Arts, Krakow, 1950-1956, diploma in the studio of Prof Xawery Dunikowski, 1956. Member of the Grupa Krakowska / Krakow Group. Together with Jerzy Bereś, in 1962 she initiated the series of exhibitions Sculpture of the Year. What became a signature in the artist’s oeuvre is the colour pink, which appeared in her sculptures since 1958 and the use of fabric as a sculptural material. The artist is regarded as a precursor of feminist art in Poland. In her work she often referred to the social role of women and stereotypes connected with it. Laureate of the ‘Krytyka Plastyczna’ Award of the Year for outstanding artistic achievements (1975).
Date of birth 1931
Date of death 1999