Studies: Faculty of Sculpture, Academy of Fine Arts , Krakow, 1955-1961. 1st year at Prof Stefan Popławski’s studio, the next three years at Prof Jerzy Bandura’s studio. Diploma in conservation of stone sculptures at the Department of Munument Conservation at Prof Józef Edward Dutkiewicz’s studio, 1961. From 1961 to 2000 didactic work at his alma mater. Among others he performed the function of Dean of the Faculty of Sculpture and Pro-Vice Chancellor of the Academy of Fine Arts. Laureate of many awards, including those for pedagogic and artistic achievements:2nd degree Award of Ministry of Culture and Art (1969, 1975); 1st degree Award of the Ministry of Culture and Art (1982, 1990); Award of the Krakow City (1969); Silver Cross of Merit (1969); Knight’s Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta (1976); Officer’s Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta (1984); Medal of National Education (1993). Author of sculptures.
Date of birth 1930
Date of death 2015