Studies: Institute of Fine Arts, Lvov, 1937-1939 and 1941-1942, then the State Higher College of Plastic Arts, Sopot, 1947-1950, where after the war he was working for a year as an assistant lecturer. Diploma in the studio of Prof Marian Wnuk, Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw, 1954. Long-standing pedagogue, professor at the Faculty of Sculpture of the Warsaw academy. He was the dean, deputy dean, deputy vice-chancellor. Author of monuments, monumental sculptures, among others: the sculptural project of mausoleum in Pawiak, Warsaw, 1964 (together with Romuald Gutt and Stanisław Słonina); monument to the Victims of the Radogoszcz Camp, Lodz, 1961. Laureate of awards: of the Ministry of Culture and Art, 1968; Grand Prix at the International Sculpture Biennial, Monaco, 1981.