Sunday meetings with art – Family Workshops
It is a series of regularly organized workshops at the Centre of Polish Sculpture in Orońsko. We combine attractive games and activities with classes developing invention, imagination and visual sensitivity. We will also help you understand diverse manifestations of art and contemporary culture which we encounter in everyday surroundings. Whenever the opportunity arises, we will use a whole range of technical possibilities offered by Orońsko studios and you will make your own works of art.
The classes take about 90 minutes and have two parts
- Theoretical part – 30 minute introduction, leading the participants into the theme of the conducted classes, combined with a guided tour and a conversation about current exhibitions. It is a starting point for the practical workshop. The short conversation aims to explain the topic connected with the temporary exhibition.
- Workshop activities – the 60-minute-long workshop will involve implementation of the premises from the first part, a test of the discussed theories and consolidation of the knowledge through experiments. The classes will provide opportunities for learning about attractive artistic techniques. The creative experience will be supervised by an instructor but will involve lots of your own inventiveness. During the practical production of plastic tasks, children are supported by their parents or assistants.
Due to a limited number of places, we require prior booking for the classes, at firstname.lastname@example.org, always by 3 pm on Fridays.
The minimal number of participants - 5 persons
Maximum – 20 persons
For additional information call 48 618 40 27 ext. 19, Monday to Friday, from 7:30 to 15:30.
The cost of the workshop is included in the ticket to the museum.
Planning a visit to Orońsko, it is worth using the service of a guide. Experienced educators introduce visitors to the unique climate of the place which has been an oasis of artistic life for over two centuries. The guided tour requires prior booking and is available for anybody who would like to learn about the history of the 19th century palace and park complex, and explore the current exhibitions.
Time: from 60 to 120 mins (depending on the selected trail of visit)
Price: 30 PLN/hour – guide service
+ ticket to all galleries - 5PLN (concessions) / 7PLN (adults)
For bookings, call: 48 618 40 27 ext.19 or 18, or mail: email@example.com
Additional information is available at the Education Department, Monday – Friday from 7:30-15:30. Call 48 618 40 27 ext.19 or 18.
Sundays guided tours
At high noon on every first Sunday of a month, we start an hour-long walk with a guide, included in the admission fee. We set off at the Museum of Contemporary Sculpture.
Time: 60 mins
Price: 5 PLN (concessions) /7 PLN (adults)
Start: 12:00, Museum of Contemporary Sculpture
The forthcoming tours: 3 September, 1 October, 5 November, 3 December
Weekend in Orońsko
‘It is not possible to get to know a place fully, in a single, random discovery. They require time and simple human inquisitiveness, or immersion in the complicated relations between culture, art and nature’.*
To let you thoroughly explore our institution, take our invitation to spend several days here.
- At weekends, all galleries are open from 10:00 to 18:00.
- Each Sunday, at 13:30 Family Workshops are held (link), for both children and adults.
- You may do a sightseeing tour with a guide (guides are not always available at weekends, so please call and book a visit).
- All year round, sculptors from all over the world come to work in Orońsko and you can watch them create works of art (of course, if they don’t mind…)
- Every month, on the first Sunday at 12:00 there are hour-long guided tours included in the price of the ticket.
- Orońsko is a good base to explore the region of Szydłowiec (inter alia Museum of Folk Instruments, Piekiełko Niekłańskie or Niekłań Hell) and Radom (among others Mazovian Centre of Contemporary Art ‘Elektrownia’, Jacek Malczewski Museum) (link)
- In the CRP there is a traditional canteen which offers full board or just lunch after a prior reservation at 48 618 40 27 ext. 55, 56, 19
- Accommodation at the Sculptor’s House and full or half board can be booked at 48 618 40 27 ext. 55 or 56.
- Link : http://www.rzezba-oronsko.pl/EN/index.php?food_and_accommodation,47
*Mariusz Knorowski, Wstęp, Orońskie ścieżki. Przewodnik., Orońsko 2010, p.6