Studies: Faculty of Architecture, Wrocław Polytechnic, diploma 1956. From 1953 to 1954 attended classes under Prof Eugeniusz Geppert at the then State Higher College of Plastic Arts in Wrocław. Author of doctoral theses Designing Colour in the Process of Spatial Shaping of Architecture (1965). For many years he headed the team of designing functional and plastic forms at the Institute of Architecture and Urban Development of the Wrocław Polytechnic. Painter, graphic artist, photographer, creator of conceptual spatial installations, author of theoretical texts and artistic manifestos. In 1997 he published a volume of poems Tylko jedynie zawsze. In 2011 the National Museum in Wrocław organized the artist’s retrospective, accompanied by a monograph catalogue including a summary of his artistic and theoretical work. Laureate of awards, among others: The Cyprian Kamil Norwid Critics’ Award (1973); stipend of the Kosciuszko Foundation (1976).
Date of birth 1931
Date of death 2012